Here are some resources and tips to stay informed and healthy during periods of poor air quality.
What You Can Do
Sensitive Groups: (those with a lung-related medical condition, such as asthma, emphysema or heart disease)
- Follow your personal doctor’s directions, and seek care in a timely manner if you have symptoms or concerns.
- Avoid prolonged or heavy exertion.
- Consider moving activities indoors or rescheduling them.
- Reduce prolonged or heavy exertion.
- Take more breaks during outdoor activities.
- If you have any symptoms of concern, come to Health Services, Building 26, for a consultation.
Managers and Supervisors:
- Limit employees’ outside activities.
- Keep building windows closed.
- Just as we do with our current telecommuting program, please consider remote work for your employees as needed. Please be aware that this is a regional air quality issue and working off-site may or may not offer any relief from possible unhealthy air conditions.
- Where possible, the amount of outside air being delivered to our buildings is being reduced.
- We will continue to monitor this situation and update the Lab community as substantive developments occur.