Here is a preview of changes for the 2018 Open Enrollment session. Key changes include:
- New — optional pet insurance
- New — a gender-neutral definition of a domestic partner
- Change — Health Net Blue & Gold HMO is now known as UC Blue & Gold HMO, and behavioral health benefits change from Optum to Managed Health Network (MHN).
If you have no changes to your benefits, you don’t need to do anything. However, you must enroll or re-enroll in your Flexible Spending Account during open enrollment if you want to put money into an FSA for next year.
Enrollment opens Oct. 25 at 8 a.m. and closes Nov. 20 at 5 p.m. Your benefit choices are locked in for 2019 at 5 p.m. on Nov. 20.
Fourteen health vendors will be on hand to answer benefits questions on Thursday, Nov. 15 from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Bldg. 2-100B in between the Guest House and ALS. They will have giveaways for those attending. HR Benefits specialists will also be at the vendor fair to assist you in enrolling in your benefits.
If you have questions, review the material, then bring them to one of several sessions led by the HR Benefits team listed below. Specialists will be available to answer your questions and walk you through the enrollment process:
- Monday, Nov. 5, Cafeteria Entry (Building 54), 11:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 8, Cafeteria Entry (Building 54), 11:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 13, Cafeteria Entry (Building 54), 11:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Update your address by clicking on employee self-service
- Check the U.S. mail for your 2019 benefits booklet beginning Oct. 19
- Find your benefits password – it is NOT the same as your LDAP
- Log in to atyourserviceonline starting Oct. 25 at 8 a.m. to enroll
DO NOT wait until the deadline — Nov. 20 at 5 p.m. — to enroll. Your benefit choices for 2019 are locked in at 5 p.m. on Nov. 20.